In our last meeting in October, many of you heard that I needed to resign for medical reasons. For those of you who were not at the meeting, please see below:
Over the past month I received some very sad health issues, so I needed to resign my president post. In early October I had a Pet-Scan with the outcome being “Alzheimer’s”. Sharon has been great over this month and she will be my care-keeper. At this time my calendar is booked solid with appointments from Social Security, Doctor’s office, etc. I am sorry I could not finish this term. If possible I would still like to continue with the club – if possible.
Meeting called to order at 6:17 PM by Sharon Zimmer on behalf of President Chuck Zimmer.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the September 23, 2018 meeting were presented. Thank you Kathy F. for recording the September minutes in Ron C absence.
Treasurer’s Report: RCC membership dues are due. Charlie collected many of them at the meeting.
Governor’s Report: Nothing new at NCCC.
Webmaster’s Report: Domain name and web service provider have been renewed for the next year.
1) Nov 17 – End of Year Party at Pogreba’s in La Crosse. Cocktails at 5:00 PM Dinner at 6:00 PM. Club will provide one dessert or after dinner drink. There will be a gift exchange again this year. To participant bring a wrapped good gift of approximately $25 in value.
2) Nov 18 - Rotary Lights Tree trimming at Riverside Park.
3) Nov 23 - Festival of Lights Parade meet at Wells Fargo parking lot by 4:30 PM. We will be providing clean up services again this year. Dinner at 3Rivers Lodge following the parade.
1) October 12th Ladies Luncheon at the Farmhouse in Caledonia had 5 ladies attend.
2) October 13th Ride & Dine hosted by Dave & Kathy F. and planned by Tom J. The group toured the back roads arriving at Sullivan’s Supper Club in Trempealeau, WI. Ten cars with 17 RCC members participated.
3) Oktoberfest Car Show was held September 30. Due to weather 50% less cars than last year participated. However fund raiser results were only down slightly. Donated funds were distributed to Freedom Flight, WAFER, Boys & Girls Club and Big Brothers / Big Sisters.
1) Sharon informed the group that Chuck will immediately resign as President due to his recent diagnosis with an aggressive form of Alzheimer’s disease.
2) Since nominations for 2019 Officers was missed at last month’s meeting the following candidates were nominated as RCC Officers for 2019.
a. President – Ron Callender
b. Vice President – Bill Conrad
c. Treasurer – Kris Kinder
d. Secretary – Mary Swingle
e. NCCC Governor - Charlie Britten
f. Web master – John Gesslein
g. Activities – Dave & Kathy Fontanini
Motion by Ron C and seconded by Mark S to cast a unanimous approval for the candidates nominated. The motion passed.
An email will be sent to all RCC members with the list of nominated candidates. A short meeting will be held at the End of Year Party on November 17th to vote on approval of the officer candidates. If RCC members cannot attend the End of Year Party meeting they can cast their ballot via email.
3) Claude asked if we had a lifetime membership dues policy.
4) Tom J has completed the 2019 RCC calendars and handed them out to members present. Calendars will also be available at the End of Year Party.
Adjournment:Meeting adjourned at 7:21 PM.
Next Meeting November 17 at the End of Year Party at Pogreba’s.
Kathy Fontanini 11/7|
Julie Mace 11/13
Jenny Woyicki 11/18
Tom Jerisha 11/25
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at