We have the Brenengen’s Clinic/Tech Talk on Wednesday May 16th at 6 pm. in West Salem. (This will be in the old furniture building) The ladies luncheons are going great, May’s will be in Sparta and those who are going should meet at Woodman’s on May 16th at 11:00 to carpool.
I will be holding a meeting of a small group on Tuesday May 29th at 6:00 to discuss the Brenengen’s/ RCC car show in July 14th. I will have brats & burgers for those who would like to come (Please RSVP prior to May 24th so I know who is coming) We hope many of you will be there for support as we normally have 125 cars to take care of in Don’s parking lot.
Britton Slowey is the new director of the “The West Salem Boy’s & Girl’s club” will be at this meeting as well.
Keep your cars on the road and let’s have some fun now that the weather is getting warmer.
Meeting called to order at 6:22 PM by President Chuck Zimmer.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the March 25, 2018 meeting were presented with no corrections noted.
Treasurer’s Report: Kris K. reviewed the current account balances.
Governor’s Report:Charlie B reported on the RCC Rally flyer has been approved and an application form create for registration.
Webmaster’s Report: No report.
1) May 16th – Ladies Luncheon at Jenny’s in Sparta. A carpool will leave Woodman’s packing lot 11:00 AM. Meet in the South West corner. Host Mary S.
2) May 16th – Brenengen Tech Talk in West Salem at 6:00 PM in old furniture store building.
3) May 19th – Ride & Dine hosted by Dave & Kathy F.
4) May 29th - Car Show organization meeting at Chuck Z home at 7:00 PM.
5) June 2nd – June Diary Days Parade in West Salem.
6) June 8th Ladies Luncheon at David Rays.
7) June 9th - RCC Rally.
8) July 14th – RCC Car Show at Brenengen’s in West Salem.
9) July 18th – 21st – Black Hills Corvette trip to Sioux Falls, SD hosted by Mark S. and Charlie B.
1) Ladies Luncheon at Jacqlon’s had 10 RCC members participate had 10 RCC members participate.
2) RCC Car Show.
a. Britton Slowey West Salem Boys & Girls Club Director has been invited.
b. Big Boar to provide lunch again this year.
c. Flyers completed in two sizes large & small.
d. Signup sheet for jobs will be circulated next meeting.
e. Trophies – 10 categories same as last year.
3) Brenengen’s Tech Talk.
a. Bob’s trip to the Nevada racing track.
b. C7 - issues tires, recalls & maintenance.
c. Operations – How to program features.
4) April Ride & Dine hosted by Chuck & Sharon on April 21. Ten cars and 12 members participated. They went to Hillsboro Brewery in Hillsboro, WI.
5) Ride & Dine – Hosts still needed for August, September and October.
6) Go Pro III has been donated to RCC by Tom & Mary S. Tom J used it for the April Ride & Dine. Tom is still learning how to best you it.
7) Wisconsin Car Club Alliance – Dave F attended his first meeting. Legislative proposals and fraudulent titles were discussed.
1) Oktoberfest Car Show – Dave F made motion to donate $50 each to the Oktoberfest Car Show Charities:
a. Freedom Flights
c. Boys & Girls Club of La Crosse Country
d. Big Brothers / Big Sisters Motion was seconded by Ron C. Motion carried by voice vote.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:05 PM.
Next Meeting May 20thd at Schmidty’s.
Governor’s Report - May 2018
But I am predicting June 9th will be sunny and warm. Our annual Rally date was moved to Saturday, June 9th when NCCC deemed our old date their Convention Date. With that I can say we are meeting at Schmidty's and we have some fun sections of roads and some tricky questions. So it should be a fun day with friendly competition with a side of a beautiful drive in the country.
So I hope you can come to the beautiful Coulee Region for leisurely drive through the bluffs. We are looking forward to having you.
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at