Fall is in the air. The temperature has dropped, the trees have started changing color and I have seen geese flying south. But don’t put your corvettes away for the winter yet there are three Ride & Dine events yet this year.
September 14th Mark & Mary S. will host a Ride & Dine. Meet at Pettibone Boathouse parking lot at 4:00 PM.
September 29th we will have a joint Ride & Dine with the Chippewa Valley Corvette Club. Meet at the Minnesota rest area at the Lock & Dam in La Crescent at 11:30 AM.
In October Tom J will host a Fall Color Ride & Dine. Date and details to be announced at the September monthly meeting.
RCC Officer Nominations will be held for next year with voting on the nominations at our October meeting. If you would like to hold an office in our club let me know at our September meeting.
September’s meeting will be on the 22nd at Schmidtys.
Meeting called to order at 5:57 by Ron Callender.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes were presented from August 25th, 2019. No amendments were made.
Treasurer’s Report: Withdrawals and deposits reported. Kris has now attained a debit card for the club.
Governor’s Report: : No report.
Webmaster’s Report: Clubs website has been officially moved to Go Daddy. John recommended that club members not use Bing. It compromised club members by listing membership listing and information that accompanies it.
1) Model T old car show will be held on Sept. 15th by the West Salem Historical Society at Lake Neshonoc.
2) Swingles will host Sept. Ride n’ Dine on Saturday, Sept. 14th. Members are to meet at the Pettibone Boathouse parking lot at 4:00. The ride is one hour and it is heading west.
3) The joint Ride n’ Dine with Chippewa Valley Corvette Club will be held on Sunday, Sept. 29th . The lunch will be at Cedar Valley Pub & Restaurant in Winona, MN at 11:30. Club members from RCC will meet at the MN rest area to ride to Winona. Dave Fontanini will make sure there are directions through Winona. After eating there will be a ride to Arcadia Memorial Park.
4) Ladies Luncheon will be at The Farmhouse Restaurant located in Caledonia, MN. on Thursday, Sept. 19th. We will meet at the street located behind the Kwik Trip located at the end of the causeway in La Crescent, intersection of hwy 14 & 16 at 10:45.
5) Tom Jerisha will do a fall color run Ride n’ Dine in October.
1) Ladies Luncheon was at Senor Villas. Eight ladies attended.
2) Augusts Ride n’ Dine included eight cars and fourteen riders. It was held at Larry’s Lookout in Arcadia.
3) Club will participate in Rotary Lights for one more year in its current form. We will do the parade on Nov. 29th and go out to eat afterwards. This also includes having a Xmas tree in the park. Mary Swingle will be stepping down from her Rotary Lights duties in 2020. A new member will be asked to take on this task.
1) John Gesslein reported this year’s cost for the new Go Daddy website. The total was $302.00 and includes having a secured website and a domain name. There was further discussion on whether or not to continue to have a secured website when renewal is due on July 31, 2020.
2) Club member Joyce Barlow won second place for Class C7 at Vettes On The River car show located at Le Claire, Iowa. Congratulations Joyce!
3) Tom Jerisha related that the mounted camera by Go Pro was disappointing. Tom will order a new camera made by Dragon Voice and record with it so we can compare the quality.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:40.
Mike Meyers 9/1|
Chris Barlow 9/2
Susan Gesslein 9/13
Joyce Barlow 9/20
Mary Stibbe 9/25
Check out our Facebook page, a link to it is on our home page.
Check out the Bulletin Board, for RCC Merchandise.
RCC Videos YouTube link now available on the Gallery page.
To get a copy of this month's newsletter, just click on Download.
I have added a link to our YouTube Introduction on the Information page.
To get a copy of the RCC Constitution, just click on the Member Page.
If you are a Corvette owner and would like get more information about the River City Corvettes Club, just send us an email at